Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Rose Coloured Glasses Required.

Life really is all about making the most out of what you got. For instance, I have an entirely white, tile (no kidding, floor to ceiling), windowless half a bath that one could look upon as being a clean slate - ready for decorating vs. an instituional room that keeps my kids from dilly dallying while on the toilet. So, I go to buy a really nice cottage style cabinet that is built around the toilet. I take one night of my oh so precious free time to assemble it (I LOVE ASSEMBLING!!). It weighs a ton, but I manage to drag it into the bathroom to complete the assemblage and OH look - it DOESN'T FIT!! Our toilets are monsters. One person may say "@#$%&*! Why the @#$% is the @#$%&*%$ Exchange selling things that don't even fit in our @#$%^&* houses?!" and wage war on the home living department, attempt to disassemble and get one's money back. OR one could look at it as an oppourtunity to get a head start on redecorating one's bathroom in a house being rented in Virginia you will live in MAYBE eighteen months from now, and leave it in pieces in the upstairs hallway until a place to store it presents itself.
That is what life as a military spouse in Japan is really all about. Taking something that doesn't quite fit and finding where it will fit in your life.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Thanks for laugh, Jenn! You crack me up! I can't wait for you to be back here!